Isaiah 3:1-4:6; 4:2
"In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel" (Isa 4:2, NIV).
Theme: Are you going to remain proud and trust in man/yourself, or are you going to humble yourself and exalt God alone?
Recap: The Ideal and the Actual: Walk in the Light (Isa 2:1-22, 5)
* Salvation is not a position. It is a ____ (Isa 2:3, 5), a way of life.
* The evidence of our faith is not just what we say but how we live.
* Be brutally honest with yourself before the light of truth (1 Jn 1:5; Jn 8:12). Refusing to face the truth guarantees that one will remain in permanant and incurable self-deception (Jer 17:9) and slavery (Jn 8:32).
* God desires that we live a ______ life (Gen 17:1; Eph 1:4).
* To trust God requires that we STOP ___________ (Isa 2:22).
* Fight against _____ which God always opposes and learn _______ which God always blesses (Isa 2:9, 11, 17; Prov 15:33; 18:12; 22:4; 29:23).